PHILOSOPHY OF CARE
Westbourne’s Philosophy is based upon the belief that the Service Users are entitled to be treated as individuals. The care in the home should not be institutionalised by the requirement of the staff of the Home to operate the procedures, laid out in the Home’s Manual, for the safe delivery of the service. To achieve this, the needs of all Service Users will be assessed and individual care plans developed from this information.
In order to achieve the Aims and Objectives, the Home must secure not only an environment, which is the best possible in line with creative thinking currently available, as well as the ongoing development of the best practices in clinical and social care.
OUR QUALITY POLICY
Westbourne Care Home is committed to providing quality services for Residents by caring, competent, well-trained staff. This is achieved by:
- Recruitment of staff who share our values and will create a homely atmosphere.
- Providing such resources to ensure that training takes place and is effective.
Westbourne will provide services based upon consultation and assessment of the Residents’ needs. This is achieved by:
- Listening to Residents, staff and others with an interest in the Home.
- Ensuring that assessments are made which balance risks and needs.
- Promoting a level of responsible risk-taking in daily living activity.
- The operation of an effective care planning system.
Westbourne will involve Residents in the planning and review of the services that are provided for them to ensure that their needs are met. This will be achieved by:
- Enabling and empowering Residents to influence the services provided in the Home by giving each Resident a real say in how services are delivered.
- Encouraging Residents to become involved in all decisions which are likely to affect them, either now or in the longer term.
Westbourne will consult people about their satisfaction with the service and suggestions for improvement. This is achieved by:
- Residents’ consultation and satisfaction surveys
- Management reviews
Westbourne will provide catering services which meet the expectations of Residents. This is achieved by:
- Planned, structured menus which include Residents’ wishes, choices and preferences.
- Menus which are nutritionally balanced
- Menus which allow Residents to change their food choices
Westbourne will ensure that Residents are fully informed about all matters which might affect their well-being. This is achieved by:
- Key worker support
- Provision of notice boards or other displays, which inform Residents
Westbourne will afford all Residents and staff an equality of opportunity in respect of service or working in the Home. This will be achieved by:
- An Equal Opportunities Policy
Westbourne will ensure that the Home is a safe and secure place to live. This is achieved by:
- Ensuring that the physical environment meets all Health and Safety standards
- Providing each resident with a safe and secure place to store their valuables
- Westbourne will offer a range of social activities, which meet the needs of the Residents. This is achieved by:
- Ensuring that activities are offered to each resident which are appropriate to their needs, abilities or expressed wishes
- Ensuring that the Home considers their social, spiritual, cultural, emotional and physical needs in the services it offers to Residents
- Ensuring that Residents feel comfortable to decline any or all of the activities offered by the Home
At Westbourne, we are committed to providing the highest standards of care. You can find a link to our most recent CQC report below: